Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG). Oakland/East Bay ChapterAdd this organization to MyList.
- Alternate Name
- PFLAG (Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays)
- Mailing Address
- PO Box 21195 Oakland CA 94620-1195
- 510-562-7692 Help Line Informational Recording
- Self-help support organization that promotes the health and well-being of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender persons, their families, and friends. Offers safe confidential support (peer support, no professionals). Goals: support, education, and advocacy.
- Information and support to parents and other relatives of lesbians and gays, and to lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender persons. Monthly support group; telephone peer counseling and information between meetings; speakers for classes and other meetings. Information on groups in other locations; printed information
- Meets for education and support on 3rd Monday of each month, except August and December, at the Oakland LGBTQ Center, 3207 Lakeshore Ave. Oakland, and the 4th Tuesday of each month, except August and December, at St. John's Presbyterian Church, 2727 College Ave, Berkeley. Call for details. See Straight Spouse Network (elsewhere in this BIN file) for referral to meetings for straight spouses of GLBTs.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Men -- Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Questioning
Women -- Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender
Teenagers/Young Adults -- Families
- Last Updated