Dorothy Day House (DDH)Add this organization to MyList.
- Mailing Address
- PO Box 12701 Berkeley CA 94712
- Nonprofit nondenominational charitable service organization founded in the spirit of Dorothy Day, a faith-based social change activist who played a major role in the antiwar, women’s rights, civil rights, labor and human services movements. She also co-founded the Catholic Worker Movement.
- • Serves a free community breakfast Mon-Sat, 7am-8am year-round at Christ Church of Berkeley - 2138 Cedar Street (at Walnut) in north Berkeley. • Operates Dorothy Day House Shelter, at the Veterans’ Memorial Hall - 1931 Center St. Intake is through the Coordinated Entry System• Distributes warm clothing, personal care items, special meals, and good cheer to hundreds of Berkeleyans in need between Thanksgiving and New Year's. • Volunteer opportunities.
Operates Berkeley Emergency Storm Shelter (BESS) (see separate entry).
Sponsors East Bay Homeless Services, https://eastbay.homeless-connection.org (see separate entry).
- Check website or call for information
- Monthly meetings; call for information
- Employment/Labor -- Volunteer Programs
Food -- Emergency
Social Services -- Clothing
Social Services -- Homeless Services
Social Services -- Organizations
- Last Updated