Dorothy Day House (DDH)Add this organization to MyList.
- Mailing Address
- PO Box 12701 Berkeley CA 94712
- Nonprofit nondenominational charitable service organization founded in the spirit of Dorothy Day, a faith-based social change activist who played a major role in the antiwar, women’s rights, civil rights, labor and human services movements. She also co-founded the Catholic Worker Movement.
- • Serves a free community breakfast Mon-Sat, 7am-8am year-round at Christ Church of Berkeley - 2138 Cedar Street (at Walnut) in north Berkeley. • Berkeley Men’s Shelter Breakfast served for guests of the BFHP Men's Emergency Overnight Shelter Mon-Sat 6am-6:30am year-round at the Veterans’ Memorial Hall Kitchen - 1931 Center St. • Distributes warm clothing, personal care items, special meals, and good cheer to hundreds of Berkeleyans in need between Thanksgiving and New Year's. • Volunteer opportunities.
Co-sponsors Emergency Storm Shelter (see separate entry in this BIN database).
- Check website or call for information
- Monthly meetings; call for information
- Employment/Labor -- Volunteer Programs
Food -- Emergency
Social Services -- Clothing
Social Services -- Homeless Services
Social Services -- Organizations
- Last Updated